Home Forums Feed Great “how to” video about making recordings! (and a question)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Thanks so much, Kelly and Helen and Rosie, for the video about making recordings. It was very informative (and not too long!). Question: Someone at the other night’s rehearsal suggested lip synching along with our previous audio recording when making the video, so that we could focus on the visual presentation without worrying so much about singing the right notes, words, tempo, etc. Did you try that? If yes, how did it go? If no, what do you think about this idea?

Participant

I understand how lipsynching could help one fully concentrate on the visual instead of being distracted by the audio. But I don’t think lipsynching would work for our purposes. Wouldn’t we then have to put the audio recording and the lipsynched video recording together to make one video with the sound? Seems to me that would be harder than just making a montage of the video recordings that already contain the audio with them.

Emily SzumowskiEmily Szumowski
    Participant

I agree it would be way too complicated to have to combine video and audio with technology tweaking. But if the audio is playing OUT LOUD while the video camera is rolling, the audio should get recorded right on the video, resulting in one synchronized audio/video recording. I was wondering more about how easy/hard it is to lip sync accurately, but I guess you didn’t try that. Brave soul!

Carole MetnickCarole Metnick
    Participant

I really got many good recording tips from watching the video. Rosie & Helen brought up things that I was also wondering about. So now I’ll see if I can go back & utilize what I’ve learned! Thanks so much Kelly for doing this.

Kelly FideiKelly Fidei
    Participant

Glad it’s helpful; was very fun to make.

Barbara WichmannBarbara Wichmann
    Participant

Yes, that is terrific. The notes about light source and background are especially helpful. I too found that natural light during the day gives the most true picture as you record the video.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.